Home Page

Contact Us

Photo Gallery

Our Facilities

Reservations


Loren & Edward Pratt

Loren & Edward Pratt with Hoss on Skipper

This is all about us....

The LF Ranch has been owned and operated by the Pratt brothers, Edward and Loren Pratt since 1976. The ranch was originally founded by Leonard Fuller and the brand has passed through many owners over time. Completely enclosed within the boundaries of the Mazatzal Wilderness, access on the LF Ranch Road (FSR 1552) is controlled by the Forest Service. Getting in and out is always a challenge, the driveway is about four miles from the wilderness gate to the ranch headquarters, and unmaintained by any public entity. This jeep trail is impassable during rainy weather as there are three creek crossings dangerous during times of high water. Supplies are hauled in by four wheel drive or a diesel 7000 stock truck, and cattle are shipped in the stock truck. This can be a challenge not taken lightly.

The headquarters consists of three main buildings, The main house, the bunkhouse, and the barn. There are several outbuildings scattered about as well. The bunkhouse has beds available for rent to weary hikers and a bathroom with hot water and a flush toilet. Resupply trips to town can be arranged for Arizona Trail hikers, and our well water is delicious and refreshing. Fresh produce is available in season and grown here on the ranch in our organic gardens. Meals can be had by prearrangement.